When I decided to become an Amazon Seller, I wasn’t really sure what to expect. You can scour Instagram, YouTube, and Google like I did to learn all about selling online. But you never really know what it’s like until you do it yourself.
Once I took the plunge, I quickly realized that becoming an online entrepreneur isn’t for the weak! Selling on Amazon can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
While there are many challenges associated with being an Amazon Seller, there are also many good things about it too! Therefore, in this blog post I will share 5 reasons why I love being an Amazon Seller.
- The opportunities are endless with selling on Amazon! Therefore, my absolute favorite thing about it is the potential it has. You can do retail arbitrage, online arbitrage, wholesale, or private label. You can ship your own items, or you can have Amazon ship them for you. You can sell only toys, grocery, make-up, or a little bit of everything. You can work full-time or part-time hours, depending on your lifestyle and income expectations. The potential is 100% there, but it’s all what you put into it!
- Becoming a nurse and working full-time in healthcare for the past 6 years has definitely been rewarding and an experience that I am grateful for. However, becoming an online entrepreneur brought me a different type of fulfillment as it has allowed me to pursue a career outside of the societal norm. Being able to succeed at something that others may view as a “pipe dream” feels pretty damn good! Starting my own business and watching it grow has been so fulfilling!
- Selling on Amazon is NOT easy, and you shouldn’t listen to anyone who tells you that it is. But that’s one of the reasons why I love it so much. I’ve always heard that the learning process never stops, and I find that to also be true with Amazon! Getting started can be challenging. Finding profitable items to sell can be challenging. Dealing with Amazon can be challenging. But I can assure you that the challenge has been so worth it (at least it has been for me)!
- Another thing that I love about selling on Amazon is that it has pushed me out of my comfort zone and increased my overall confidence. In the beginning, I was hesitant as I was worrying too much about what others would think. I felt like people were always staring while I scan products or load the cart with multiples of a single item. The fact of the matter is that people were, and still are, staring. But I knew that the only way I could be a successful Amazon Seller was to get out of my own head and quit worrying about what others might be thinking. And now I’m used to all the weird looks and comments as I know I’m having fun and making money! I was also scared of failure as I wasn’t knowledgeable in anything to do with business. But I started researching the topic and was able to start my business all on my own. This has increased my self-confidence as it is a daily reminder that I can do anything if I set my mind to it!
- Selling on Amazon gives me a sense of freedom because it doesn’t feel like work! Being self-employed has been so much fun. I’m able to set my own schedule and work as little or as much as I want. I don’t have to answer to anyone but myself and, well, maybe occasionally my husband but don’t tell him I said that! Selling on Amazon and running a successful online business is also a critical part of our journey to financial independence, which means I can be “free” of my 9 to 5 if I want to be!
There are so many reasons why I love being an Amazon Seller. I mean, who wouldn’t love to make money while shopping?! Selling on Amazon has been so rewarding and I’m excited to continue on this journey.
Please leave a comment and let me know the reasons why you love to sell on Amazon!